Thanks to Aggie, the newest member of the Trixie Films family, for finding this trailer for the documentary "Subjectified: Nine Young Women Talk About Sex" by Melissa Tapper Goldman.
Melissa interviewed nine different women across America about their sexual feelings and experiences. We love anything that challenges the standard virgin/whore, slut/prude depictions of female sexuality and offers a more complex picture. From her website:
"Why do girls have sex? Pressure? Libido? Emotional dependence? I realized that I drew many assumptions from examples in media rather than from real life, since few of us ever hear such intimate details from anyone but our closest friends...It's showing in the Boston area on Feb 4th. We're assuming it's a short, but the website doesn't say. For more info, click here.
In an age of reality television, we hear a continuous stream of intimate personal narratives. But what “reality” television offers in exhibitionism, it lacks in dimensionality. Somehow in a sea of overexposure, images of real female sexuality, explored on their own terms, are still startlingly rare."




3 comments:
Hey, thanks for the plug! I'm Melissa and this is my project. It's not a short, actually, it's almost two hours long, so come prepared with some popcorn. After the screening, I will be giving a Q&A and I believe I will be joined by one of the interview subjects and also a philosophy professor from MIT. It should be a good time!
Sorry, Melissa - and thanks for the clarification!
Hey Trixie,
Since you were kind enough to post a comment about Subjectified before, I wanted to let you and your readers know that it is having a festival premiere on Saturday (4/24/10) at the Boston International Film Festival. Please pass along the word! Thanks so much. /Melissa More info here. http://www.bifilmfestival.com/000010session37.html
Post a Comment
We have moved this blog to http://virginitymovie.com where you can find all our posts and leave comments. This blog is no longer active. See you at the new site!