Pages

March 12, 2010

Older virgins: Dan Savage has excellent advice for you (and people who want to get with you!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am 32 year old female and still a virgin. But not by choice and I would like to change my situation sometime soon. It's not that I didn't want to have intimate relationships with men...it just seems that I always got attention from unavailable men. A missionary and three married men to be exact. Until recently I didn't realize there was a pattern going on until my 32nd birthday when a married man at my party told me that the clothes I got "would make my hips look good". Maybe it was just innocent flirtation but for someone who only receives male attention from the wrong kind of men, it got to me emotionally. I've recently discovered that I am not good at receiving positive male attention even though I desperately need it. For a while I convinced myself that I didn't need it. I think because it made me feel too vulnerable (I had an abusive distant father and a mother who has had her share of bad relationships and I did not want the same to happen to me). I'm starting to understand all these issues I have with men and trust and I'm trying to move forward and date but it's hard. Can you give me any suggestions on what to do when you want intimacy but have a hard time trusting?

Post a Comment

We have moved this blog to http://virginitymovie.com where you can find all our posts and leave comments. This blog is no longer active. See you at the new site!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin