Pages

June 12, 2008

Hymen reconstruction: It's not just for Muslims

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sad for these Muslim women who feel they need such surgeries. Stop having sex before marriage. There is no honour in such a relationship, because you never know when it might break.

Anonymous said...

I find the whole idea that the hymen indicates virginity just ridiculous. I did not bleed the first time I had sex. So what? Where did this idea come from?

Therese said...

The hymen wasn't even 'discovered' until the 16th century, so using it as the gold standard of virginity is fairly new. Since doctors need to check its condition, it's one way controlling female sexuality has been medicalized and institutionalized.

Post a Comment

We have moved this blog to http://virginitymovie.com where you can find all our posts and leave comments. This blog is no longer active. See you at the new site!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin