
Copyright 2008 News Group Newspapers Ltd
The Sun reports that 18-year-old Romanian student Alina Recea, who we wrote about a while back, successfully auctioned off her virginity to an Italian businessman for about 10,000 Euro.
We can have a nice debate about whether this is just a savvy woman taking advantage of some rich guy in the free market, but here's the really truly most depressing part: After a day of sight-seeing, he took her to a five-star hotel and they had unprotected sex. She had said earlier:
...he must provide a full medical certificate to prove he is free from all STDs. If I have sex without a condom I will take the morning after pill afterwards, as I do not want to become pregnant.No report on whether he provided anything but cash and a box of chocolates, but she apparently had to undergo not one but two exams to make sure she was really a virgin (or at least had an intact hymen). Hope she made the creep pay extra at least. Alina described her encounter in fairly positive terms, for what it's worth:
“He seemed much younger. He was very funny and charming. He didn’t have a beer belly. We got on very well. He didn’t say if he was married or had a family, and I didn’t ask him.”
“I felt a bit nervous.” But she said of her first sexual experience: “I liked it.
"I hoped I'd meet a nice man, like in the film Pretty Woman.
"At the arrivals lounge, a man came over, smiled, handed me a box of chocolates and said: ‘Welcome to Venice’. He looked much younger than 45, short, but nicely dressed, with dark hair, green eyes and a kind smile.
"We kissed, then undressed each other. I'd never done that before, so I was nervous. He laid me on the bed and started kissing my body, then we had sex. I was attracted to him, so I enjoyed it.
“It’s not like prostitution because it was a one-off — and I did this for good reasons.”
4 comments:
Glad to know that a one-off payment for sex isn't prostitution as I've fancied being paid for sex before but worried about the stigma, so I think tonight I might stand on the street corner and see if I can make a $20 from some driveby guy (I'm only aiming for $20 as I no longer have a hymen and am older than 18 so must be realistic!). If it's a one-off then I won't be considered a prostitute. Hang on if one-off's don't count does that mean this girl can still call herself a virgin, after all she only had sex once!
There are those who would compare a virginity auction to any virginal woman holding out for the biggest engagement ring.
What I'm wondering are these girls really virgins anyway? I've heard of some girls having operations to restore their hymen so I'm wondering if some of these girls auctioning themselves have had this surgery? I hope so as that would mean they would be duping the guys! But if they are virgins reminds me of the horrible scene in the film "Pretty Dirty Things" where Audrey Tautou loses her virginity to this horrible guy as she desperately needs money. Mind you women have often been exploited by men and lost their virginity in not so nice scenarios so maybe these virgins feel they might as well make some money out of it.
I doubt that women are spending money to restore their hymens just to sell the right to break it again. The operations are quite expensive - up to $2000 dollars. I am wondering whether she was expected to bleed during her encounter.
Women do have surgery to guarantee they bleed, even if they are technically virgins. They're so afraid they won't bleed and have their virginity called into question.
Post a Comment
We have moved this blog to http://virginitymovie.com where you can find all our posts and leave comments. This blog is no longer active. See you at the new site!