"It is technically possible, but emotionally very dangerous. Detaching all your feelings and sleeping with strangers could leave you psychologically damaged. I can't see where the fun ends or begins."
–'Sex and behavior expert' Dr. Pam Spurr, who was shocked that a woman named Nikki Lee had slept with so many men.
This is quote from a breathless story about a 25-year old woman who claims she's slept with 5000 men since she lost her virginity at 16. First of all, what qualifications does this Dr. Spurr have? Cuz I'm assuming she's basing her diagnosis on NOTHING. Or maybe the work of Laura Sessions Stepp.
Second of all, would this dire diagnosis EVER be said about a man?? No. Didn't think so.
Second of all, would this dire diagnosis EVER be said about a man?? No. Didn't think so.
4 comments:
I'd wonder if he'd say the same thing to practically all my male friends who participate is casual sex all the time.
If you define "slut" as a woman who makes a poor choice for a wife, then women seem to cross that threshold between two and three lovers before marriage:
Defining Slut
Seriously? Haven't you seen the enormous criticism towards guys of "the game"? People call them disgusting, because they count how many girls they sleep with and only want one night stands. This is not just women in the world being criticized.
I would never date a guy who'd slept with a lot of women, because I could never trust that he respected me and truly desired me.
I like most of what is said on this blog, your insight is great because it is usually kept open minded...what happened here?
First of all, I ABSOLUTELY believe that if you asked most people would feel the same hearing that a man has had 5000 partners (we're not just talking a lot here, we are talking 5000) In fact I imagine Dr. Spur would has well, seeing as she doesn't even identify a gender in her comment. I would easily apply it to men as well. Thinking men are not or can not be effected emotionally & psychologically by sex, is naive.
Not to mention she says "could" not "is". She is not saying this woman IS psychologically damaged she is just speculating that having quite so many partners COULD lead to that. Would anyone really disagree that that is a possibility? I seriously hope that Nikki is not damaged and is happy with the choices she is making, but I don't think its right to hate on Dr. Spurr for thinking this MAY not be the most healthy life style choice one can make.
Casual sex can be great...but 5000? I think there are some larger issues there.
Maybe the two of them should have a conversation. I'd like to see that.
Post a Comment
We have moved this blog to http://virginitymovie.com where you can find all our posts and leave comments. This blog is no longer active. See you at the new site!